Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee laredo that has been

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee laredo that has been having issues with the power windows, and locks. A few weeks ago I ran into an issue where my door open alarm and interior lights would not turn off. My dad and I did some research and fixed the black ground that we found broken in the driver's side door jam. This fixed the problem for a day, and then it started again, but this time my power windows and locks went out. We went back into the door jam and fixed the black wire again and also fixed the red wire that we found broke in there. This turned off my interior lights and the door open alarm, but did not fix the windows or locks. About a week later my windows and locks were working on the morning commute to work, but they did not work. Now they work intermittently, but they always seem to work in the mornings and then randomly go on and off later in the day. It has been a real head ache for me and my dad, we can't seem to figure out what the issue may be. I can tell when the windows and locks are working because when the jeep hits 15 mph it automatically locks. But, if it doesn't lock then they are not working at the particular point in time.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the vehicle acting up right now and do you have a test light or multi meter to test electrical with at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the vehicle is acting up now, and I have a multi meter to test with.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Can you access the drivers window switch accessing the wiring where it plugs in at this switch?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do I need to take the door panel off to do this?
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My info is not showing if it needs removed.Is there any way you can look and see if you can get to the back of the switch or wiring to the switch at all?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Where is the switch located.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

This would be the switch you use to roll the drivers side front window up and down

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ah ok, so i would need to take the door panel off in order to access where it plugs in?
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

If you can.Unfortunately my info is not showing how this is removed here for sure.

You should have a tan wire leading to this switch that should have power on it with the key on.See if this wire has power on it and let me know.

Thanks Pete