Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

I have a 2007 jeep grand cherokee laredo. i believe it has a

Customer Question

i have a 2007 jeep grand cherokee laredo. i believe it has a small tranny fluid leak. even before the leak i noticed on some ocassions small tranny slips. Can i put fluid in myself? If so how. also i dont have the money for a new transmission at the moment. Is there anything i can do to prolog it a few months? Thanks.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

Hi im kevin what engine size do you have ?

Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

Do you still need assistance ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
3.7 v6
Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

Ok on your vehicle there is a dipstick for the auto box .you can fill through dipstick with funnel.as long as oil doesnt get low youll be fine to continue to drive

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is there a diagram of where that dipstick is? I can't seem to find it.
Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

It is next to oil dipstick but is just a black cap on top of tube il try and find a pic for you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There is a black cap that says for dealer use only... could it be that one? It is to the upper left of where the engine is.
Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

Thats the one your car has a mercedes transmission and they dont give you a dipstick i would either buy dipstick for your car from dealer or just keep topping up small amounts every couple of weeks

Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

Please rember to rate my service

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
One last thing when you say it has a mercedes transmission does that mean if I have to replace it it is much more expensive? Thank you
Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

No not at all its a very common transmission used in many different vehicles over the last ten years its a good strong transmission

Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

Please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry bro one more question I promise... what transmission fluid should I use for this transmission in your opinion. Someone told me there are different ones.
Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

No problem at all you need atf+4

Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

Please remember to rate