Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year working in the automotive field as a Tech.

I hope you are doing well. My problem is 1994 JGC Laredo

Customer Question

Hello, I hope you are doing well. My problem is 1994 JGC Laredo straight 6. It starts runs fine and then go to the store get back in and it either will not start without ether fluid, or if it does start it runs super rough and snaps, pops, barely runs, but if you feather the gas with enough driving room for it to catch then it goes back to running fine. Mechanic checked fuel pump, replaced cam, or crank, not sure sensor. No help, now he thinks it might be distributor, he found some oil in it. Any ideas?
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello Richard, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Has the system been scanned and if so are there any fault codes setting? If so can you post back with those ? Having oil in the distributor is not good so that should be addressed as well. Post back with any fault code the system should be setting and I will see if I can help you with this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello Ron, thanks for replying. First off can we address the symptoms that I have stated? I'm not a mechanic so I thought answering my intial question would benefit me. I mean what if I do not know how to retrieve the codes? I do, and they are 12, 55, but I paid for a response to my first query.
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

If it will not start with out adding fuel then that usually means your injectors are not firing or you have a lean condition due to a fuel pressure concern. You say the fuel pump has been checked but has the pressure been checked while the problem was occurring? As I mentioned in my first post, the oil in the distributor needs to be addressed as well because it can affect the intention system which could effect the starting as well..