Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

I went out and when I turn the key nothing happens but when

Customer Question

I went out and when I turn the key nothing happens but when I turn back to off position, all the normal starting lights come on temporarily and the windshield wipers go on then back off. I tried jumping but no luck. All my exterior lights burn bright
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Park
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2007 Jeep Wrangler
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I went on you tube and there was a video for the key sensor so I pulled the fuse on that and waited put it back in and same thing.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: NO that's pretty much everything. There is no corrosion around battery cables, and they are tight. I drove to work this morning and parked it. Has not been started since. I did go out midway through theday because I needed my mileage so I turned the key on until the odometer came on then shut it back off.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Jared D replied 3 months ago.

That definitely sounds like a pass key sensor problem. Do you have a spare key you could try?