Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

I own a 1996 cherokee SE. When I t a bump the front of the

Customer Question

I own a 1996 cherokee SE. When I hit a bump the front of the car jumps up and down and will not stop unless I slow down. Very dangerous. I have parked the vehicle until I find the problem. The front end has been completely rebuilt. Did this model have McPherson struts on it? What do you suggest?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** is a common problem known as death wobble caused by a failed steering damper. This would cost around $200 to have done at a shop, here are replacement instructions to do it yourself. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.