Cary York
Cary York,
Experience:  Auto Tech at Certified Auto Repair

2000 jeep cherokee sport v6 air conditioner blows cold until

Customer Question

2000 jeep cherokee sport v6 air conditioner blows cold until i turn engine off and then blows hot when i restart after short time (like stopping to go into a store etc), if the engine is off for several hours or over night the ac will blow cold on starting, i recharged the system with ac pro.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Cary York replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated. I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

It could be several things. Pressure switch, air gap at the compressor clutch, etc. First we need to duplicate the problem and then check for voltage at the compressor and work our way back through the system. Do you have a test light?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for the quick response. I just got called in to work. Figures. I will resubmit on a day I'm actually off work. Very sorry.

OK. I will wait to hear from you.