Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

My jeep ac will freeze you out...when it works. Sometimes it

Customer Question

My jeep ac will freeze you out...when it works. Sometimes it works, sometimes it won't
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 3 months ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

*****I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on*****

When you say it won't work will it still blow out just not cold? When this happens is the compressor engaged? Can I get your VIN to check for any bulletins?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for the response. It still blows, just not cold air. The compressor is not engaged when this happens. Some days it will work fine, and on other days it will work in the morning but not in the evening, and some days not at all. I've had it in the shop 3 times, of course it worked fine for them, and they say there is nothing wrong with the compressor or the charge. Of course I am never near the shop when it stops working.
Yesterday I replaced the A/C Control Relay, AC worked great going out to dinner, but not on the way home.
Expert:  Brad replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for the reply!!

Can I get your VIN?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.