Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

I have a 2011 Jeep Liberty and I'm get a no fuse error. I

Customer Question

Hi Brad. I have a 2011 Jeep Liberty and I'm get a no fuse error. I have read previous posts and saw people refer to the IOD fuse. I made sure it was pushed all the way in, but no luck. can't start it or get it out of park.
JA: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?
Customer: I'm by myself so I can't really check the brake lights. No error codes.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have read previous posts and saw people refer to the IOD fuse. I made sure it was pushed all the way in - that's it so far.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's it for now. It is not even attempting to start.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

If the IOD fuse is inserted good then the next step will be to see if the IOD fuse has 12v. Just remove it and see if you have 12v on one side, if no then the TIPM is bad and will need to be replaced..

Let me know,

Brad

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
is there a trick to getting the iod fuse out? it seems like it has two levels but I can't quite seem to get it all the way out.
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

You will need to pull out on the tabs that IOD holder has in the sides. A pick would be helpful but once you get the fuse out then we need to see if there is 12v on one side..