Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Check engine light, code 304 and 2311, replaced coil,

Customer Question

check engine light, code 304 and 2311, replaced coil, checked wires no help, thinking PCM computer
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: both,
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2006 liberty sport 3.6 engine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: will fix myself, switch spark plug and coil, also checked wires with meyer, all look ok
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: engine was running great happened all at once, also cleared trouble codes and disconnected battery to reset PCM
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** agree the PCM is the cause if you replaced coil/plug. Next step is to check resistance on wiring between PCM and coil, if good replace the PCM. There is also a reflash available which you may want to try first. Here is a wiring diagram to help with testing, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.