Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  maintain jeep wrangler's for a off road rental company,
29331485

I have a 2002 jeep liberty, when I try to start it just

Customer Question

I have a 2002 jeep liberty, when I try to start it just clicks. checked relay, ok, I had battery checked, was ok. I had another starter. ran temp power and solenoid wire. same results. Removed plugs and turned engine with ratchet, didn't seamed to be in any kind of bind. the only other thing I think it could be is flex plate. Before I go to the trouble to change, has this ever been a problem or what else could it be. Thanks Forrest Hubbs
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I ran a temp wire for battery and solenoid because making connection with screwdriver had no results.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would very much like a second opinion.
Expert:  Greg replied 4 months ago.

First check battery voltage with a voltmeter first on the battery post right in the middle of the battery post not the battery postclamp .

a good strong battery will have 12.6 volts ,then check the voltage on the battery clamps if there is a difference remove and clean

the post and clamp .

Now with the volt tester connect to the battery try and start .if battery voltage drops below 9.6 volts then you do have a bad battery

some batteries will show 12+volts but when come under load will drop voltage and cause no start and just hear a click .

You did say you tried to jump the wire and cable on the starter solenoid and had same issue and engine turns at crank pulley .

so all points to flex plate as said if battery power is good .

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.