Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

Problem with a fuse controlling the radio interior lighjts

Customer Question

problem with a fuse controlling the radio interior lighjts and the tail door, it is a problem on the cabling and someetined it will blow the fuse and after few rides everything is comming back to normal if i change the fuse, but after maybe 5 ou 9 months of ride or about 5000 miles, it may blow again. if it blow the fuse i cannot flip the retainer of the glass portion of the back door do you have a trick to flip manually that retainer
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: yes it is on thee driver side near the door but my problem is to open the latch to close thee glass door. the fuse is not realy my problem
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: liberty 2003 3.7l full equip
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my garrage said that due electrical problm it may take one hour or several hours. so i do it my self the jeep is use for about 5000 miles a year and is my winter dirver
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 3 months ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

*****I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on*****

What is the fuse number on the inside fuse panel that is blowing?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The fuse no is 34 it is a 15A protected with plastic holder. That fuse control the radio, the remote control for the door lock, the interior lighting. My problem is to close the glass window of the back door when I cannot use my remote control to lock or unlock the doors and that back door. On the remote control we have a push button to flip the latch to close the glass portion of the back door. Do we have a manual way to flip that latch and can we lock the back door without the electrical system.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would like to know it you have an answer and I do not want to pay anymore due I already pay 35.00 for a service of 5.00
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not answered yet, please advise. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.