Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

Engine turns over but will not start the transmission temp

Customer Question

engine turns over but will not start the transmission temp shows ---- could that be the issue
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 11 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

*****I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on*****

The proper way to diagnose your no start issue is to first see what codes it has with a scantool.. Yes the trans temp could be your issue if it's setting a P0710 code. If you can get a scantool to see if it has this code then I have attached the bulletin you will need to follow to repair it. If you have a different code feel free to reply and I will give you the diagnostics to get you fixed up..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
scan tool did not show any codes!
Expert:  Brad replied 11 months ago.
Did you use a code reader or a scantool? A cheap code reader will not retrieve transmission codes.
Expert:  Brad replied 11 months ago.
If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the rating!