Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

My jeep won't start. The lights come on and everything ask

Customer Question

My jeep won't start . The lights come on and everything ask completely normal until I turn the key and then absolutely nothing . The lights and everything turn off as if they would when I was going to start a vehicle
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: It's a stick shift , it was a neutral and no I don't know anything about wheel locks
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2012 Jeep Wrangler sport
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm hoping to fix it myself if it's easy and or willing to pay someone . I haven't tried anything yet
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: My amp that connected to the ignition wouldn't turn on right before the jeep wouldn't stop
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

*****I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on*****

Do you hear a click when your trying to start? Is there any security lights on in the dash? Can I get the last 8 of your VIN to grab a wiring diagram so we can see what's going on?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When the hood is up you can hear the relays. There were no security lights on the dash
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Cl257957
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for the reply!!

If you can hear the starter relay click then I will need for you to see if the starter has 12v on the small wire when the key is in the start position. Or you can remove the starter relay and jump 30 and 87 and see if the starter engages.. Make 100% sure it's in neutral and parking brake is on.. If you do have 12v to starter then it's bad and will need to be replaced..

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's getting dark now but I'll try that tomorrow
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad