Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year working in the automotive field as a Tech.

None of my instrument back lights are working, the back

Customer Question

None of my instrument back lights are working
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: the back light for the instrument cluster, A/C panel, gear selector, 4x4 selector, and the halo ring around my ignition
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 1995 Grand Cherokee Laredo
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, i would like to fix it myself if possible, i replaced the headlight/dimmer switch and checked the fuse for the interior illumination
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not that i can think of
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Your back lighting get its power from the headlamp switch to the instrument panel dimming module through the fuse #24 (7.5 AMP) and then out to the lights. Start first with checking the fuse 24 to to be sure its not blown. See the wiring diagram in the link below for reference in checking the circuit.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello Ron, thank you for responding. I checked the fuse and it checked out good so i checked the continuity to the lights on the A/C, the lights are grounded, but when I turn on the head lights the wires are not getting power.
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Okay the next step would be to check power in and out of the dimming module shown in the diagram.