Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

97 Grand Cherokee- rear window and front window area, are

Customer Question

97 Grand Cherokee- rear window and front window area, are flashing on my VIC. I don't know what that means. Some of the threads show a possible light bulb out. Is that why I am seeing the flashing?
JA: How old is your battery? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: Brand new battery but i have not checked all the bulbs
JA: What year is your Grand Cherokee?
Customer: 97
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I will fix it but need to know what the problem is. It is a used vehicle I bought and I don't have an owners manual
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

*****I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on*****

Is the front light and rear lights in RED on the EVIC? If so then you have a bulb outage which is causing it to flash. I would check all the bulbs, brake, turn, running lights.. Repair them and then see if the EVIC quits flashing.

Talk soon,

Brad