Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

I went ti start the jeep put key in ignition turned it over

Customer Question

i went ti start the jeep put key in ignition turned it over and it was really loose and lost all tension in ignition, with the power active
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: in park, wheel is not locked
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2005 jeep wrangler
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: v6 sport
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: idk what to do or where to start
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

*****I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on*****

If the key doesn't feel like it's turning the ihnition switch then you will need to remove the steering colun shroud and remove the ignition switch and see if its turning it.. If not then the key cylinder housing will need to be replaced..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad