Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

I have a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and when you turn

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and when you turn the Right Turn Signal on sometimes the light stays on but the switch clicks off but the light stays on it front and back. We have had 2 NEW switches put in and it still does the same thing.
This started about a month ago.
We cannot figure out what is causing this and hope that you can help us.
Thank-You
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

*****I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on*****

When you say switch, do you mean you replaced the multi-function switch which is the actual turn signal stalk? If yes then it's a possibilty you have a bad combination relay. I have attached the wiring to help but if you can turn the right turn signal off and it keeps blinking then remove the combination relay and if it quits I would replace the combination relay.. I have also attached a picture with the location of the relay..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad