Cary York
Cary York,
Experience:  Auto Tech at Certified Auto Repair

2000 grand Cherokee shuts down has new pcm and Cps a lot of

Customer Question

2000 grand Cherokee shuts down has new pcm and Cps a lot of people same prob
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Cary York replied 3 months ago.

Will the vehicle start and run now and then shut off after running or is a complete no-start?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Runs good 10 mi or 40 then shut down start bout hour later there are many complaints exact same thing
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Also gauges stop workin

Is the check engine light on? Any codes?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That's mystery no ck engine no codes

When the gauges stop working, can you turn the key off and back on and do the warning lights, abs, check engine, brake, etc., come on but still will not start?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Yea all the those light are on even security light

Since we have no codes to go with, we will need to duplicate the problem and diag while it is failing. I would duplicate the no-start. While no-start condition is present check for fuel at the fuel rail service port. Or use starting fluid and spray into intake and see if it starts and dies. If so possible fuel pump. You can also verify ignition fire by pulling a coil out and leaving it plugged in. Use a screw driver and check for spark. Then post back.

I clicked the rate me button. You can rate me and still repost later to finish our discussion.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is fuel injectors have no current something shutting asd down needle in hay stack would a heat censor shut it down with all the same problems people are having thought somebody might know wat was goin on

So the injectors are losing 12v pos from the ASD relay?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
there losing voltage also people say in winter this prob doesn't happen

Sorry for the delay. Me internet went down. Have you check or replaced the ASD relay? Or is the PCM shutting the relay down? Either the PCM is shutting the relay down or the relay is losing voltage across the contacts (burnt). Do you have a volt meter?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do but I'm not at home now what do I need to check

This will take some timely testing and you will have to duplicate the no-start condition since we have nothing else to go with (codes). We will need to talk live by phone. But before that you may try one thing. Its called a wiggle test. With engine running, gentle start at one end of the engine harness and gentle wiggle the harness as you move down the harness to the other end. See if you get a reaction from the engine. Stubble, shut-off, etc. Try all the engine compartment harnesses.