Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

With the a/c on it is running about 225 degrees. wondering

Customer Question

with the a/c on it is running about 225 degrees. wondering if that is high enough to indicate a problem?
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: just had the a/c rebuilt
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 1993 grand cherokee limited
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: new radiator cap.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

That is high for it. It should be around 200 degrees. You need to check for debris between the radiator and condenser and clean out if needed. Check for excessive bugs, leaves, etc in the radiator and condenser fins and use a high pressure hose to clean out.

If ok, then the fan operation should be checked and replaced if not working properly

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

16 Jul 2016, 6:12 PM