Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

2000 grand Cherokee runs good and will shutdown later it

Customer Question

Hello 2000 grand Cherokee runs good and will shutdown later it will start I see a lot of the same stories
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Headlights don't come on I think a good battery
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Has new pcm Cps there so many people with exact prob
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Idk
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

*****I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on*****

What codes are in the PCM? When it stalls are you loosing spark or fuel psi?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The injectors lost current Gage's not work something shutting asd
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

I need to know what codes are in all the modules.. It sounds like you have a BUS communication issue which could be a module locking up causing the no start.. Let me know which modules are active on the BUS that you can talk to with a scantool...

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Lol it quit last night goin to get it but if it helps blue wire with yellow tracer comin from people to asd is prob
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Comin from pcm not people
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Have you determined which modules are awake and which are dead on the BUS? You will need a scantool to monitor each module to see if it's responding or not. The Blue/Yellow is not working properly because the PCM is likely down on the BUS..

Talk soon,

Brad