Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

Turn signals/ brake lights on trailer wont work. turn signal

Customer Question

turn signals/ brake lights on trailer wont work. turn signal / brake lights on vehicle work fine.
JA: Have you checked the fuse? Have you checked for bad bulbs?
Customer: no output to factory installed 7 way on vehicle
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2006 grand cherokee
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked for voltage at 7 way have 12v , 12v for running lights, but no output for brake/turn
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: trailer plugged into our other vehicle works fine. had engine replace about a year ago. possible something not plugged back in correctly?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

*****I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on*****

I have attached the wiring diagram to help but you will need to check fuse 9 and if it's good then the FCM(Front Control Module) supplies 12v to the rest and being it's a module you will need a scantool to see what codes it has. I have replaced quite a few FCM's for lighting issues...

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Have a great day,

Brad