Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified

I own 95 grand Cherokee ltd 4.0L. recently when I drive and

Customer Question

I own 95 grand Cherokee ltd 4.0L. recently when I drive and get the car good and warm and shut it off I have a problem when restarting after about 5 minutes of sitting. The car shakes and knocks like it running on only a few cylinders and after a few minutes it returns to normal idle. If I try to drive in under this condition it has limited power and then it smooths out. Immediate restart after shutting down causes no problem.
A second problem is that after I reset the VIC it's OK for a while and then it starts to blink. reset it again and same thing happens. Also get the service 4wd switch on screen.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 3 months ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

*****I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on*****

When it stalls have you tested to see if your loosing spark or fuel psi? If not this would be the first place to start. If your loosing fuel psi test and see if you have 12v and ground at the pump and if yes then you need to replace the fuel pump. If your loosing spark it's an electrical issue and could be a bad crankshaft sensor or bad PCM. You would need to see what codes it has in the PCM to determine that..

Talk soon,

Expert:  Brad replied 3 months ago.

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Expert:  Brad replied 3 months ago.

Is there a reason you haven't rated? If you need more help you can reply as many times as needed even after the rating? Without a rating I'm not credited...