Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified

Code P2009, Yes, Grand Cheroke 2006 3.0, Yes. I had a look

Customer Question

Code P2009
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: Grand Cheroke 2006 3.0
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I had a look the motor. And read about this fult on the internet
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: they talk about swirl motor but how can I find it?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Jared D replied 3 months ago.

To clarify, your jeep is a 2006 right? Jeep didn't offer the 3.0L engine in 2006. Also I can't find p2009 in any of the fault code charts in 2006. Are you certain of the year model and engine size?

Expert:  Jared D replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that you have an Australian model. I'll opt out so someone with Australian reference materials that list your engine type can help.

Expert:  Brad replied 3 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

*****I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on*****

Your swirl valve is most likely bad because I have replaced quite a few for the same code.. It's not easy to get to because you need to remove the turbo which is on top of your engine. The swirl valve mounts in the center of the lifter galley.. I have attached the diagnostics needed to be followed to ensure you have a bad swirl valve and also I attached the directions to remove it..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Expert:  Brad replied 3 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,