Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

Jeep Liberty 3.7. New belt new thermostat new water pump.

Customer Question

Jeep Liberty 3.7. New belt new thermostat new water pump. Continues to overheat. No visible leaks no water in oil. Engine runs smooth.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

What year is your liberty?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
2002
Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

ok. These jeeps have a tendency to plug the radiator with sludge. When it's overheating the engine, can you feel the temperature of the radiator to see if it is cool (or at least much colder than the overheating engine).

Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

Disclaimer:

Thank you for the opportunity. I love helping people fix their cars and saving them money. Please keep in mind that most problems will require some diagnosis to get them sorted out. I will be here to help until you are satisfied.

If you do not plan to rate my response please let me know as soon as possible. As an expert on Just Answer I only get paid for my service here based on positive ratings from you, the customer. If you do not plan to rate, and therefore compensate me for my time, I need to focus my efforts on customers who will.

Also, JustAnswer might send a message asking if you would like to speak via phone for an additional fee. That request is automated and not generated by me. We can communicate however you feel most comfortable.

Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

I just wanted to check whether you still need help with this issue.

Please let me know if you do. If not, please don't forget to rate so Just Answer will know to pay me for my time.