Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Certified

I just replaced the front door speakers, and I just realized

Customer Question

Hello, I just replaced the front door speakers, and I just realized that the RKE module stopped working correctly. The door sensor on the handles doesn't work, not to open nor close the locks.
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: Not any codes
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2016
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Grand Cherokee Limited Premium V8 4x4 2016
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Did you have the ignition in the "Run" position at any time that the door panels were off?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I understand, thank you very much in advance for your help.
It is very probable, as the technician who replaced the speakers tried them many times before closing the door panels.
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Ok, then at this time I suspect that there are now codes stored in the onboard computers. This may have disabled some vehicle functions.

To get them re enabled, I recommend to visit your local dealer and explain the situation and have them clear the codes in all modules. They will likely charge you for this due to the fact that the aftermarket speakers have been installed. Most of the time, simply clearing the codes should get this fixed. If it doesn't there will be codes stored again that will help in the diagnostic process. As long as the cause is not due to the installation of the speakers, this should be covered under warranty as long as the vehicle has less than 36k miles on it...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, I will take it this week and will let you know.
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Sounds good, I'll be here...

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you paid to use the service. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.