Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified

I have a 2005 jeep liberty. When I insert my key and turn it

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: I have a 2005 jeep liberty. When I insert my key and turn it there's no clicking and it turns fast.
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Jeep Mechanic for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: Okay, thank you.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: My car is in park. No wheel lock feature.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took off the top steering wheel cover, but can't get the bottom part off.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Also when I back up my jeep there's a squeeling sound. I had a rotor and brake pads replaced. Then this sound started.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 3 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

Do you mean the key turns freely? If yes then you will need to remove the ignition switch and see if You have a broken key cylinder or ignition switch...