Amedee, Jeep Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

I have a 2001 Jeep Cherokee and all the gauges will NOT

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2001 Jeep Cherokee and all the gauges will NOT power up. This happened over a year ago and I installed a new ingnition key. All of the fuses are good and all of the relays seem to be OK. NON of the gauges work (fuel, Temp. Oil) etc.
I there another fuse some where? The check engine mode says no buss
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. I believe there is actually a TSB about this problem. Remove the cluster and inspect the Chrysler Collision Detection (CCD) bus circuit terminals. Look for darkened lines or darkened marks on the male pins of the cluster. If signs are seen then perform TSB # ***** The Instrument Cluster Connector oxidizes and creates a poor connection causing intermittent loss of the cluster operation.

IF that does not seem to be an issue, then either the instrument cluster itself is bad or another module on the BUS system is shorting out causing this problem. This is very common on these vehicles. Any module on the BUS system can short out causing this type of problem. Here is a list of potential causes.

Air Bag Control Module
Instrument Cluster
Instrument Cluster Wiring
Overhead Console
Powertrain Control Module
Remote Key less Entry Module
Sentry Key Immobilizer Module
Transmission Control Module

However, my experience has been that 9 times out of 10 this is cause by a bad instrument cluster.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today.

Please let me know if you have any further questions