sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

2012 jeep liberty water in Driver side floor .. Ac dripping

Customer Question

2012 jeep liberty water in Driver side floor .. Ac dripping from center console area
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

You have a evap drain tube that is on the passengers side, this can become clogged with debris, causing your floor to become wet. A good way to clear the tube is to use compressed air though the tube, you will need to crawl under the vehicle and locate the tube. A piece of wire will also work to clear the drain tube.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please rate at the top of the screen. We can continue to work on your question, rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have. Thanks Dan

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ha Ha I know I see water dripping from the drivers side under the cart, I AM ASKING WHERE EXACTLY IS THE DRAIN > THE WATER IS DRIPPING ONTO A FOIL HEAT SHEILD SO CAN NOT SEE WHERE IS IS
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Yes the tube is behind the heat shield. You can access the back side of the tube is you pull the carpet back on the passengers floor. Also check that your sunroof drain tubes are connected, they can also make the floor wet.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no tube on 2012 liberty only the older model
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
They said I would be speaking with a jeep mechanic .. I am out on the side of the interstate hwy.. just refund me this is a joke
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Refund or I will post bad review
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
RIP OFF I am gong every where I can post a bad review about you on the internet
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The drain tube on the KK body style Liberty such as yours is in the center of the vehicle and passes through the floorboard near the firewall. It's in about the center of the transmission tunnel from left to right and is over the top of the transmission bellhousing.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
how do I get to it ?

It's accessed from underneath the vehicle.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the dealer tells me the only way is to remove the interior console ? 1200 bucks ! what is the truth ?

They should be able to access it from underneath. Some vehicles do drain into a body channel but this one should be accessible from the bottom side since it's in the center.