Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I'm having a miss on my 2009 Jeep Liberty 3.7l, and want to

Customer Question

I'm having a miss on my 2009 Jeep Liberty 3.7l, and want to verify the firing order/coil pack wiring diagram. I think the cylinders start front left #1, #2 to the right, middle left #3 and so on. Can you tell me which cylinders the packs on 2,4 and 6 also fire?
JA: Has there been any recent electrical work done on the car?
Customer: I changed the plugs
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, I'm not surr if its a bad pack or wires
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

HI,

Driver side is 1-3-5 front to rear

Passenger side is 2-4-6 front to rear

1feeds 6

3 feeds 2

5 feeds 4

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks I'll see if that cures it. I think it's wired correctly, It may be a bad pack or wire. It has a miss
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, that diagram is the reverse of what I have UNLESS #2.4.6 are the drivers side (which is what I thought) then 1 feeds 6 and so forth. the only wires that could be switched are the ones up front. I did them one by one, so I'm pretty sure what I have is correct.
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

HI,

attached is diagram showing coil locations on left of engine and labeled as 1-3-5

2009 Jeep Truck Liberty 2WD V6-3.7L

Save Article

ENGINE FIRING ORDER - 3.7L V-6 1 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 Lead Cylinder ................................................. No. 1 Left Bank

Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.