HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years experience.ASE Master Technician w/L1 Advanced Drivabilty Certification
285738

I have a 2001 jeep grand cherokee that blew trans pan seal

Customer Question

i have a 2001 jeep grand cherokee that blew trans pan seal had it towed home and replaced seal and put in new filter filled fluid and now when i go to shift it seems like it wants to go inti gear but doesent any ideas
Category: Jeep
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Hello, it had a minor transmission leak at the pan or it drove on low fluid? WHen you had the transmission pan down did you see any debris in the pan, metal? Is it full of trans fluid now, was the old fluid badly burnt/smell burnt? No warning lights on or diagnostic trouble codes stored?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no debris in pan.replaced with new fluid,didnt smell burnt it feels like it is going into grar but doesnt
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it is fulltime*****no warning lights came on
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Did you replace the transmission filter when you did the pan gasket? Did it look ok?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
not at this time thanks
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Im guessing your responding to a phone call request. Did you replace the transmission filter? If it is full of fluid it should move no problem, if there are no warning lights on, the electronic system should be ok. If it wont move still and full id suspect an internal issue with the transmission, a failed hydraulic clutch/bad internal seal which would require a major transmission repair.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Hello, if you need more help let me know, If I was helpful, please leave a positive rating

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

Hello?