sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Engine turns over but will not fire fuel pressure at 50,

Customer Question

engine turns over but will not fire fuel pressure at 50
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you had the fuel pressure tested recently?
Customer: 130,000 miles and just put fuel gage on it and the pressure was at 50
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2002 Grand Cherokee larado 4.0
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Live out in the bush in Alaska so I have to do it myself checked the fault code with code reader and it said no pending code and no stored codes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: thought maybe crankshaft sensor. pulled it in garage the night before and no issues but would not start next morning
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you do have fuel pressure then you're either missing spark, there may be a mechanical engine issue or exhaust restriction, or fuel quality could be a concern.

A bad crank sensor is a common cause of lost spark but will usually set a fault code. It's possible for the cam or crank sensor to short internally though and take down the reference voltage circuit which will prevent a code from setting.

Have you checked for spark?