sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

I have 2002 Grand Cherokee shut off while driving down the

Customer Question

I have 2002 Grand Cherokee shut off while driving down the road and hard to start cranks over and over then starts
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Randall C replied 3 months ago.

Hello, have you done or tried anything? Are you kind of car repair handy?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
nothing the engine blew about a 5 months ago and I had a new one installed. but it was doing this before the engine blew , it it doing more often now
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have replace two sensor on the intake ide control and throttle control sensor

Ok, one has to know if fuel or ignition or combo of both, my thought? you have a bad crank sensor, mounted in the trans bellhousing,It was and is a very common fail item. Fuel? one would wait till hard to start and then spray some carb cleaner in the air intake to see if it starts that way, if so? then we could? be looking at fule pump, I tend to lean more to crank sensor, Here is a link to this

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I put in the crank sensor the it ran good for about a mile . Now the check engine light come on and they say the
cam sensor is bad so I replace it and run good for about 2 mile then runs ruff and shut off
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
P3138 code comes on also

that is not a valid code. I sent my thoughts etc not being there so best I opt out and reopen the post and allow another expert to chime in, One should be along soon to help. Please save the rating for the expert that can in fact help, Sorry I could not

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK thanks I replace both sensor crank and cam it runs worse now then before
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?