Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

I have a P0306 Code. and the vehicle overheats. no power.

Customer Question

i have a P0306 Code. and the vehicle overheats. no power. sounds like a diesel
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: yes, i replaced the thermostat, water pump, belt, hoses, spark plugs, switched the coil pack to cyl 1 but the missfire cyl 6 will not go away
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2007 grand Cherokee 3.7L
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i am a gold level BMW tech
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: my Father inlaw took it to a shop and they made it worse. I was just fighting the overheating issue. he picked it up from the shop and it sounds like a diesel with the misfire issue. it also dies at idle
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

Expert:  Clayso replied 5 months ago.

Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description most likely one or both rockers have fallen off on the number 6 cylinder. Pull the valve cover and check the rockers, also make sure to check the valve springs. These vehicles have a history for broken valve springs and the rockers falling off. Hope it hasn't chewed up the cam.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.