Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I did a 4wd conversion to 01 Cherokee sport (xj). I used a

Customer Question

I did a 4wd conversion to 01 Cherokee sport (xj). I used a 99 as my donor. I swapped the engine, trans, tcase, and wiring harness from under the hood. I have everything installed, all the wires are plugged in, and it won't start. It won't turn over, there's no dash lights, nothing. The only thing that works are the hazards, dome lights, and tail lights. I can't figure out what is wrong. Please help.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 4 months ago.

Hi there.

Custom work like this is really hard for us to diagnose because we don't know what has been transferred from one vehicle to the other or what modifications have been made. For example, does either vehicle have an anti-theft system? Were both vehicles equally equipped? Were all the computers and modules along with the corresponding wiring harnesses transferred from the 99 to the 2001?