Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

2007 Jeep Liberty 3.7 code p0420 catalyst efficiency bank 1.

Customer Question

2007 Jeep Liberty 3.7 code p0420 catalyst efficiency bank 1. Most the most common cause for the code?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The most common cause is a restriction in the catalytic converter for bank 1.I have had to replace several of these before for this code here.The other issues are a leak in the exhaust system before the catalytic converter or an issue with damaged exhaust but most all cases the catalytic converter needs replaced.I would say 99% of the time it needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete