Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

My 2008 Jeep Wrangler was due to be inspected last month (6)

Customer Question

My 2008 Jeep Wrangler was due to be inspected last month (6) BUT my air bag light goes on and off and the bell dings. Is there a way for me to address without the 600 - 1000 it seems I'd pay.
JA: Have you checked the codes? Is anything interfering with the seatbelt switch?
Customer: Where/how do I check the seat belt codes?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I hope to fix this myself. I haven't tried anything
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  njerje23 replied 9 months ago.

In order for me to assist you with an airbag issue I will need to know the code that is turning the air bag light on. You will need someone with professional scan tool that is capable of retrieving air bag codes. Sometimes parts stores will allow you to rent these tools or a shop might be able to do this for a small fee if you tell them you just need the code.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well I don't have it so now I've used my question. If I had known I needed that information I would have gotten it then used this service. Thanks - I will go to a local autopart store and see if they can help.
Expert:  njerje23 replied 9 months ago.

If you just get the code and send it to me, I would be glad to help! I will leave this question open for when you come back with that information.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok sounds good
Expert:  njerje23 replied 9 months ago.

Just let me know when you have that information, Thanks!