Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

The other day i drove through some water splashed about as

Customer Question

the other day i drove through some water splashed about as high as the hood. the vehicle stalled now it cranks and turns over but will not start
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: turns over and just bought new battery today
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2008 wrangler rubicon
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i am trying to fix myself. i checked to make sure i had spark at wires checked spark plugs, put gas in intake and started but stalled after few seconds
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i hear fuel pump turn on, did not check fuel lines yet to see if gas was making it to engine. pulled code p0113
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!