Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2L and I changed the

Customer Question

Chris, I have a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2L and I changed the spark plugs, the plug wires, the distributor cap and the rotor. Problem is the Jeep won't start now. I don't have a good feeling about how the distributor cap went on. I'm not sure that I lined it up properly. But, I'm wondering if you have any suggestions on what to do at this point? The truck just turns over and won't start now. Specifically, the two mounting bolts for the distributor cap don't seem to go as far into the distributor as the old cap. Is it possible that it's the wrong cap? I marked with painted numbers the old wires and replacement wires, so I'm sure they're correct. Is there any tests that I can do for the distributor cap? Thanks for your help.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My Name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Only thing you can do to test the distributor cap is to home it out from the center on the inside to the individual points On the outside and compare the readings to one another. Yes to the can be bad distributor cap can be bad. You should be able to get it replaced under warranty. I would be your best bet at this point.
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!

Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

Let me know!