Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I'm having trouble removing the front inner axle on a 2003

Customer Question

i'm having trouble removing the front inner axle on a 2003 jeep liberty
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
there are clip retainers on each end of the inner shaft, do I have to remove them or compress them to remove the axle
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Insert pry bar between inner CV joint and differential case. Pry against inner CV joint until disengaged. Remove front axle shaft from vehicle. Sometimes you have to hit the pry bar with a hammer to pop the shaft free. This will compress the circlip and allow the shaft to pull out through the differential side gear.

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have the axle/CV joint out already, I can't get the next shaft (midshaft) out which has a spring clip holding it from pulling out of the spider gear, what is the procedure to remove and reinstall this shaft.

For the right shaft in the tube, you will need a puller.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/rtshaft.pdf

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris