Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year working in the automotive field as a Tech.

I just replaced the front passenger window motor and the

Customer Question

I just replaced the front passenger window motor and the switch does not work on either the passenger or driver modules. My hunch is the driver module is gone. If it is, does it provide power to the passenger side?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 196k automatic trans
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2002 Grand Cherokee Limited
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, the Jeep dealer could not say which side was bad. Want to charge me for diagnostics etc... I have not tried anything yet, but replacing the modules is cheaper than dealing with the dealer.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Yeah, my left rear window just went out. Don't know if it is the motor or back to the driver module issue.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The drivers door module dose control the window functions but before you consider its bad there is another very common cause for the type of problem you are having you should check first. The common problem is a broken wire in the driver door harness. Pull the boot back on the drivers door jam harness from the door to the body and take a real close look at the wire harness looking for any signs of a broken wire. Post back with the results and we can work from there is need be.