Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

Jeep 2012 rebuilt engine, testing the car today, starting a

Customer Question

jeep 2012 rebuilt engine , testing the car today , starting a high crank weak sound and after 1 min test drive the oil temerature went upto 140 Celsius at idle , the oil pressure is fine at 25 psi , coolant temperature is low
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the repair was
all hydronic tappets lifters
Crank shaft damper
oil pump
Valve and valve rods
Gaskit kit
crank shaft bearing
piston ring set
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Camshafts
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The jeep is SRT8 grand cherokee ,
is that a sign that the rebuilt is not good and do i need a new engine or what ?
Expert:  Brad replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

starting a high crank weak sound What kind of noise did it make? Also if your oil psi is only 25 then thats on the low side. If you heard a internal engine knock then you will need to drain the oil and inspect for metal debris and if found then you will need to remove the engine and tear it down to inspect.

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the crancking sound is like when a manual car moves on a high gear on a low speed , the mechanic said that the Oil pressure is fine but they dont know why the oil temperature sign showed and the temp was alsmot 284 jumping high on idle , the coolant temp is low
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no clicking sound when the engine starts
Expert:  Brad replied 5 months ago.

Do you have a recording of the noise?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no i dont
Expert:  Brad replied 5 months ago.

I would start by draining the oil thru a paint strainer to see if you have any metal debris, and if so then you need to pull the engine.. If not then you should be ok but you will need to narrow down the noise to address it..

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
but what about the high oil temperature that starts jumping to max on idle ?
Expert:  Brad replied 5 months ago.

I would attach a manual oil pressure gauge to verify it's actually high and if so then you have a bad oil pump and it's pressure regulator is bad..