Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

I have a 2006 Grand Cherokee that is not shifting into

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Grand Cherokee that is not shifting into reverse.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: The transmission is original and there is no leaking.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It just happened this morning, so I haven't tried anything as of yet. If possible for me to fix myself, I would. I just replaced all the disk breaks and calipers. The front caliper dust seals were split, and I didn't feel like spending the time to rebuild them. The rear calipers were hanging up a little, so I just replaced them as well. I also bleed the entire break system and replaced the fluid with new.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Out of curiosity, I tried to engage 4wd low, and it would not engage. An error message displayed to service the 4wd system.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 5 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

The first thing you will need to do is see what codes is has with a scantool.. Can you run by any parts store and have them read the codes free of charge and post the codes here so I can see what's going on?

Talk soon,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 5 months ago.

What did you find?