Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified

No turn signal or 03 jeep rubicon, Yes good fuses tried

Customer Question

No turn signal or flasher 03 jeep rubicon
JA: Have you checked the fuse? Have you checked for bad bulbs?
Customer: Yes good fuses tried different flasher relays .power going into multifunction switch but none coming out
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: O3 jeep wrangled rubicon
JA: What year is your jeep?
Customer: 03
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Everything. When I have brake lights on and put on turn signal that side brake light goes out. But no flash
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: All lights work except flashers and turn signals
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 4 months ago.

Have you checked fuse #13 in the fuse box behind approx the center of the dash?

below is a diagram, keep in mind you are looking at it from the back side, so left is right, and right is left.

click here

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is this what I paid for?

What do you mean,,,,we got to start somewhere....

So did you find that fuse?

Where was that flasher relay you mentioned?

Did you replace the combination flasher under the shrouds on the steering cloumn behind the steering wheel?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
fuse is good. I had explained where I'm at with this in my question. I am very frustrated so I apologize. When brake lights are on I put on turn signal and brake light on that side goes out. No flashing tho
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Relay is on top of steering column. Replaced that and multi function switch.
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I had one doing this same exact thing and it was the wrong bulb. What kind of bulb do you have in the taillight? Should be a 2057....When did this issue start?

Talk soon,

Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Wiring diagram

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have led lights all around. Lights worked great for longest time. Now no turn signal or flashers
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

If they won't work at all then I will need for you to see if the light is getting 12v when you turn the signals on, if not then you need to check fuses 1 and 16 on the inside fuse panel and fuse 10 in fuse box under the hood..

Here is how it works,

The turn signal system operates on battery voltage received on a ignition switch output (run) circuit so that the turn signals will only operate with the ignition switch in the On position. The hazard warning system operates on non-switched battery voltage so that the hazard warning remains operational regardless of the ignition switch position. When the turn signal switch control stalk is moved up or down, the turn signal system is activated. When the turn signal system is activated, the circuitry of the turn signal switch and the combination flasher will cause the selected turn signal indicator, front park/turn signal lamp, front side marker lamp, repeater lamps, and rear tail/stop/turn signal lamp to flash on and off. When the hazard warning system is activated, the circuitry of the hazard warning switch and the combination flasher will cause both the right side and the left side turn signal indicators, front park/turn signal lamps, front side marker lamps, repeater lamps and rear tail/stop/turn signal lamps to flash on and off.

I attached the wiring diagrams, let me know what you find..

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok. Just doesn't make sense to me that when I put the turn signal on it knows to turn off the brake light on that side. But no flash
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

I would start by testing at the tailight and see if it's getting 12v when you press the brake and turn on the taillight..

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It gets power when I hit the brake. When I hold brake on and turn flashers or turn signal on brake lights go out
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Start by disconnecting the both LED taillights and then see if it's getting turn signal voltage when you have the brakes held.. Possibly bad LED lights, if you had your factory lights you could install them to test.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I haven't had time to look at it again. This really has me stumped. I'm getting power in to the switch but not sure I'm getting any out. Not sure why it sends signal to turn out my brake light but doesn't blink. And I also have no power to my compass in mirror. Is that part of that circuit?