Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

06 GC limited won't start, working under hood checking fuses

Customer Question

06 GC limited won't start, working under hood checking fuses etc. nothing more, now won't start
JA: Have you located the fuse box? Have you checked the circuit?
Customer: turns over but won't catch
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 06gc
JA: What year is your Jeep?
Customer: 06 GC
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i've checked fuse in the boxes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: sounds like no gas
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
1j4hr58nx6c333765
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for that information. Does the engine have spark while cranking? Does it run on starting fluid?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Couldn't get to attempt SF, now when i turn the key just click. I'm tired of dealing with it, I'm ready to call the shop and have them come get it and call me when it's done!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Trust me, I don't give up easily, but I really am at my wits end with this.
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.

We can talk on the phone if that would be eaiser for you. I can talk right now

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I appreciate it, but it's getting late and I have other things to do. Maybe a fresh start tomorrow is what I need. Thank you for your time, I'm sorry if I wasted yours.
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.

No worries. I will be here if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.

Your welcome. Please dont reply back until you need some more help otherwise it will lock this question to me. Have a great night!