eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase mechanic 16 Plus years in the field

I"m replacing both governors on a 2002 Liberty, pressure

Customer Question

I"m replacing both governors on a 2002 Liberty, pressure solenoid and transducer. I dont see them so this obviously means removing the valve body correct?
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is your engine?
Customer: 260,000 3.7l
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, check engine light diagnosis indicated one or both of the items I purchased.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  eauto replied 3 months ago.

The valve body can be removed for service without having to remove the transmission assembly.
The valve body can be disassembled for cleaning and inspection of the individual components.

1. Shift transmission into PARK.
  2. Raise vehicle.
  3. Disconnect wires at the solenoid and pressure switch assembly connector.
  4. Position drain pan under transmission oil pan.
  5. Remove transmission oil pan
  6. Remove the primary oil filter from valve body. (Fig. 139)
  7. Remove bolts attaching valve body to transmission case (Fig. 140).
  8. Lower the valve body and work the electrical connector out of transmission case
  9. Separate the valve body from the transmission
Expert:  eauto replied 3 months ago.

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you