Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

Motor will start no dash instruments working can not get it

Customer Question

motor will start no dash instruments working can not get it out of park wipers not turned on but they are running head lites work radio works all was good 4 days ago
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Sounds like you might have a problem with the body control module. Try disconnecting the battery and holding both cables together for 30 seconds. That will reset everything. If that does not work you will need to get it scanned for codes in the body control module. Are the brake lights working when you press on the pedal?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
don't know cant press pedal and look at same time
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Can you put it in park and use a stick or something and put it in between the seat and the pedal, in park with the key on engine off.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
brake lights work
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Try disconnecting both both battery cables and touch them together for 30 seconds, reconnect positive first, then negative.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Then check all the fuses, under hood and interior.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Check all the grounds and battery cables make sure everything is clean and tight.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
still nothing ill get it hauled to garage Monday thank you for trying
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question, this does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have.

Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help?

Thanks Dan