Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Jeep Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic

I,m flushing the radiator system on a 1995 Jeep Grand

Customer Question

I,m flushing the radiator system on a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2 liter I have taken out the drain plug drivers side bottom of radiator. All the anti freeze drained out, but I am attempting to screw the plug back in and it won't go in and get tight. Is there a trick to this?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 3 months ago.

I have been a professional master mechanic for over 35 years and am happy to help you with this.

click here

If it looks like the pic i sent, then it only turns about half a turn to seat it and will just spin after that so it doesnt break off. Keep in mind that these type of drain plugs are usually always replaced because they break easy, so you might want to just replace it...they are only about 5 bucks at any parts store.