Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

2007 gc laredo engine cranks but will not fire.

Customer Question

2007 gc laredo engine cranks but will not fire. Observations: will fire after some time sitting dead. Will fire if i spray starting fluid inside throtle while cranking but ... Will stay running but no acceleration through the gas pedal
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Sounds like your fuel pump is bad. Check the fuse first. Make sure you are getting power at the fuel pump with a test light.

Here are the steps to replacing the fuel pump.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question, this does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have.

Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help.

Thanks Dan