eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase mechanic 16 Plus years in the field
6149662

My jeep shutoff after a few seconds, I had a window replaced

Customer Question

My jeep shutoff after a few seconds, I had a window replaced in the vehicle and the vehicle was running the whole time the technician was replacing the window. The problem started after that, how can we fix this?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  eauto replied 5 months ago.

what does it do after you try to start it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It just turns over
Expert:  eauto replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

We will have to pinpoint what the engine is missing.

Spark

Fuel

Compression

All three of these are tested when the engine is being cranked over. There are two way of checking for fuel. Fuel pressure and fuel trigger. Both are very important and must be present for the car to start. Fuel pressure is self explanatory. You just hook up the gage and see what the reading is. Fuel trigger is check with a noid light. The injector gets unplugged and the noid light gets plugged in to the injector clip. With the engine cranking over, this light must blink. This is the signal to the injectors from the computer. You can have all the fuel pressure in the world, but it wont matter if the injector is not pulsing gas into the cylinder like it should! Compression tester, spark tester, fuel pressure gage and noid light are all accessible at your local auto store. All three tests play a very important part in diagnosing a no start condition.

Expert:  eauto replied 5 months ago.

please rate me 3-5 stars so that I can get paid for my service and let me know if you have any further questions as I am still at your disposal. thank you and good luck . let me know if you have any other issues

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is a key symbol with a circle and a slash mark through the circle over the key that's lit up. That symbol is dealing with the anti theft system that's not allowing the vehicle to start.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How can I reset this?