Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

The 2000 jeep grand cherokee thinks the door is always open

Customer Question

Category: Jeep
Expert:  Joshua Davenport replied 10 months ago.

Good evening. Other than it thinking the door is open, is there any problems with the power windows or the power door locks?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
None of it works
Ok. Do you have an idea of which door it thinks is open? A common problem with these vehicles is the power and or ground wires going the door modules will break between the door and the body? Knowing which door it thinks is open will pinpoint which door wiring to check first.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Drivers door
Ok. Between the door and the body remove the rubber boot that is covering the wires. Most of the time taking one end loose and and sliding it back will be enough to check for the problem. You will need to check the black wire (ground) and the tan/light blue wire (12v) for the breakage.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The black one is broke where does it go to? It comes out of the door and no place to connect

The other end will be with the harness running to the door. If you cant find it with the harness you can locate it by removing the kick panels in the floor board.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I connected the black wires and no change

Ok. Verify that was the only broken wire and then disconnect the battery for 5 minutes to let the door module reset itself and then recheck it.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Still no change. I am done for tonight. To hot in KC. Maybe I will try again tomorrow
Its hot here in Georgia too. Let me know when you are ready and I will get the diagram to check everything at the door module so we can figure this out. Have a good evening.